Disclusion Time Reduction (DTR) Therapy is a super specialized non-splint dental treatment procedure that requires utilization of Tekscan or T scan equipment in tandem with an EMG link to evaluate occlusal forces in relation to muscle activity. This technology can literally measure and track the bite force and timing of the bite and see what the muscles of the head are doing. The purpose is to identify contacts that is excessively engaging during excursive movements, that can lead to hyperactive muscles, broken teeth or dental prosthesis, and TMJ/TMD symptoms.
What the doctor does as part of Disclusion time reduction therapy (DTR):
- The doctor first Identifies excessively engaged contacts during excursion movements.
- Examine how the muscles are performing during bite cycles.
- Confirm the occlusal contacts that could be contributing to TMJ/TMD symptoms.
- Perform DTR or in other words perform computer guided precise adjustments in microns on the teeth.
- Objectively measure and re confirm the timing of disclusion.
Please note : DTR is not done for every patients as a thumb rule. Kindly consult our Doctor to know more about the procedure.